Thursday, July 30, 2009

*Lake Powell*

Now I can finally say....I've been to Lake Powell....yea!!!! We headed out on Sunday morning around 10. We loaded up the car, checked the oil, windshield fluid, and the tires and we were off for a couple days of vacation :)

Sure enough...we were not even two miles from our house when we heard this funny noise coming from the back left side of the car. Kyle and I both looked at each other with dread and disgust. No way....this was not happening to us again!!!! We pulled over and to our awful surprise, we had a flat tire! For those of you who forgot...Kyle had to replace two of his tires on the way up from St. George when we moved. So we are not to fond of the whole flat tire crap!!!! To make a long story short...we put the spare on my car, drove back to the house and switched it with Kyle's P.O.S. 1990 honda. It was a noisy ride down, but we were just glad we didn't have more tire problems, and it got us to powell :)


We took a little boat ride up Navajo canyon. We were all dying from the heat so we stopped and cooled off in the water for a bit. And yes Kyle you are King of the World :)

Best of Friends!!! L to R: Kristen, Jason, Lauren, Austin, Kyle, and me.

The classic super man dive off the house boat. I swear sometimes this kid scares me with all of his little tricks.

I think this is our typical picture...I'm smiling and Kyle is pulling some crazy face.

Wow you would think we were in some type of tropical waters....And don't worry...no need to take snorkeling gear to Lake Powell...Nothing to see in the cloudy, blue, dirty water.

My lovely pink flotation device.

Kyle wake boarding. He did awesome for not boarding in about 2 years! It was hard watching everyone wake skate and wake board and not being able to do anything...but me and my little girl did hop on the tube for a nice little leasure ride.
We left a day early so Kyle could get back to work, and the 7 hour drive home about killed me, but thanks to Kari and Doug for letting us ruin their family vacation and tag along! We had such a blast :)

4 comments:

anne said...

It's a good thing you're getting all this fun stuff in now because in Oct it's all gonna come to a screaming halt. :)

P.S. I'm jealous you went to Lake Powell. I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics my friend :)

Drew and Cydney said...

Maybe we were at Lake Powell the same time! I was just there! You look so dang cute pregnant! I'm sad we didn't get together before we moved back down south :(

Scates Family said...

Lake Powell is one of my favorite places. Looks like lots of fun. Someday Cuyler will go their too.