Monday, May 16, 2011

The Journey not the Destination

I've been a blog slacker these past couple of months, but I've decided to kick it in the butt and start up again. I've been going through a divorce and its been nothing but easy. Its taken some time to adjust and get back on me feet. I've decided to post about some of my feelings, emotions, and frustrations as I experience motherhood and working as a single mother. I figured it would be good therapy :). Let me just say to all those single mothers out there, I don't know how you do it!!! I have been blessed with a wonderful family who has helped me out so much, and it has been a huge blessing. But when it comes down to it...it has been one of the hardest things I have had to experience.
A couple of years ago, when I was going through a difficult time, I remember waking up, going down stairs, and finding this quote on my fridge that my mom had posted. It was just what I needed at the moment and I loved it. Well once again my mom has secretly given me that quote to remind me once again. She gave me a book for Mother's Day (A Mother's Book of Secrets), and I was reading it last night and sure enough, there was that same quote. Hope it brightens your day like it did mine.
"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our character, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...And it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation that we gain the education that we come here to acquire" Elder Orson F. Whitney
I guess this has been a hard concept for me to grasp and I'm tormented with the "Why" questions but I just need to have more faith that things will work out like they are suppose to.

3 comments:

anne said...

Stay positive. Although it must suck now, it can only get better. :) We love you!

Anonymous said...

Just keep hanging in there :) I like the pics you posted...

The Nilsons said...

uh! Just read this & made me tear up...Jalee you have to remember that your not a single mom. You have such a great family & sooo many friends that love & support you & your sweet baby girl! I can understand a small part of what you may be feeling & going through. Don't forget to ask for help, it will make all the difference. Love always, your "partner in crime"